Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Cambodia
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Cambodia, starting in June/July 2022.
The position will be to deal with political and human rights issues as well as with press and public diplomacy issues.
- Gather and monitor daily incoming news and information
- Gather and monitor Khmer social media
- Analyse political and human rights developments
- Assist in political reporting
- Draft background notes on specific issues
- Redact daily press reviews
- Develop content for the different EU Delegation social media platforms and website
- Support the preparation and implementation of communication and public diplomacy activities
- Attend conferences, seminars and meetings and take minutes of them
- Contribute to administrative tasks as required
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evaluative context of the COVID-19, applicants currently residing in Cambodia will only be considered
- Being a young graduate, with maximum one year of professional experience
- Diploma in political science, international relations, European affairs, public affairs, journalism, communication or law
- Being a citizen of an EU Member State or of Cambodia
- Residing already in Phnom Penh, Cambodia or arriving here by June 2022.
- Interest in and preferably prior knowledge of EU institutional framework and policies
- Interest in and preferably prior knowledge of Cambodian and ASEAN political affairs
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Ability to handle politically sensitive issues in a responsible manner
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent English language skills
- Excellent Khmer language skills – an advantage
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Name/PPI Section.
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in the host country must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.