Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Chile
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press & Information Section Section of the EU Delegation to Chile, starting in Mid-September 2022.
- Political Analysis and reporting on public policies and foreign affairs, commercial matters and cooperation issues of Chile
- Participation in and follow-up of events organized by the delegation (Seminars, conferences, workshop, …)
- Provide logistical and conceptual support for the events organized by the Delegation
- Participate in the communication strategy of the delegation (Facebook, Twitter, webpage, …)
- Follow issues of EU internal and external policies, and contribute to the preparation of tailor made information products for the Chilean public
- Contribute to specific tasks of the political section (research, note taking, contact with various interlocutors, update of mailing key lists, etc).
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Excellent command of English (minimum C1) ;
- Very good command of Spanish (minimum C1
- University degree in economy, political science, law or equivalent
- Capacity to work in a multicultural team, showing good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Methodical, rigorous and autonomous mind-set;
- Ability to prioritise and carry out tasks flawlessly, even when working under pressure, and to respond quickly to new demands;
- High degree of responsibility.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europa.eu/europass/en (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - POL Section.
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.