Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Colombia
A traineeship of six months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Colombia, starting in November 2022.
- Monitor local media and political developments, in particular those affecting EU-Colombia relations
- Contribute to the social media strategy
- Contribute to the preparation of articles and interviews
- Participate and contribute to the preparation and implementation of public diplomacy activities of the EU Delegation;
- Assist in the conception and implementation of information and communication products.
- Participate in internal and external meetings/events and report timely about them;
- Assist the work of the Section as necessary
- Ad hoc tasks related to upcoming demands and events.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, applicants currently residing in Colombia will only be considered
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required
- At least a Bachelor diploma (or equivalent) in communication, international relations, politics, or equivalent.
- Excellent writing skills
- Capacity to work in a team with attention to details;
- Good command of usual IT Tools
- Good command of social media Tools
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europa.eu/europass/en (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - PPI Section (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates who are already residing in the country of assignment must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the current sanitary situation and its possible effects traineeship possibilities.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.