Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Cuba
A traineeship of 6 months within the Politics, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Cuba, starting in 1st May 2023.
- Collaboration in the drafting of political notes on current issues, notably political dynamics, economic developments, social affairs and culture.
- Contribution to the political analysis by conducting research on legislation, statistics and political issues, for use in reports and documents.
- Set up the logistic of internal meetings and contribute to the preparations of meetings with external actors and stakeholders as well as provide support during high level missions from HQ.
- Contribute to communication activities through the different social media platforms of the EU Delegation.
- Support the organization of events promoted by the Delegation, seeking to increase the visibility of the EU in Cuba.
- Follow-up of the Cuba daily press.
- Support the compilation of information on relevant European legislation and policies for Cuba, with a view to its subsequent dissemination.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
• Advanced level of Spanish and English languages.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com, with copy to DELEGATION-CUBA@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Pasantía subvencionada-Sección Política, Prensa e Información
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travels, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
Citizens from EU Member states:
- must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation;
- must undertake to apply for a relevant entrance visa and / or temporary residence permit where applicable, based on the traineeship agreement, the duration of the traineeship, and in compliance with the local legislation.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the context of the COVID-19 in the host country as well as in the country of origin where applicable.