Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Dominican Republic
A traineeship of 6 months within the Cooperation Section of the EU Delegation to Dominican Republic, starting in end November 2022.
Under the supervision of the Head of the Cooperation section, to contribute to the conception, elaboration and implementation of development cooperation programmes and projects, including their follow up, support to policy dialogue and participate to the cooperation communication and visibility.
Under the supervision of the Head of the Cooperation section:
- To contribute to the definition of development policies for the Dominican Republic.
- Follow-up project performance with the different counterparts including respect of contractual procedures.
- Support the identification and evaluation of projects and programs within the framework of the current development cooperation programming with the Dominican Republic.
- Contribute to the management of contracts (addenda, terms of reference, support to contractual issues, etc).
- Contribute to regular press/media reviews concerning local coverage of issues in the areas assigned Provide on request briefings, draft speeches, statements, press releases and articles concerning the areas assigned.
- Contribute to improving the visibility, information and perception of cooperation activities carried out in the Dominican Republic by the European Union.
- Contribute to other tasks as requested, such as briefings, minutes of meetings, etc.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Citizens of Dominican Republic or nationals from the EU Member States or States, which have signed an accession agreement with the EU;
- Young graduates with at least a Bachelor Diploma (or equivalent);
- Maximum one year of full time professional experience;
- No previous experience in the EU Institutions longer than 6 weeks;
- Excellent command of Spanish and English is required (written and speaking skills);
- At least a B.A. diploma in cooperation, international relations, political science, law, sociology or related field;
Prior knowledge of the region and experience in the corresponding field will be an asset;
The Delegation strictly applies zero tolerance for discrimination on gender, sexual orientation, and social or ethnic diversity in its recruitments and invites particularly people with disabilities and from all ethnic origins and LGTBIQ+ communities to apply.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-DOMINICAN-REP-TRAINEES@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - COOP Section 02-2022 (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.