Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Ecuador to the Cooperation Section
A traineeship of up to 4 to 6 months within the Cooperation Section of the EU to Ecuador, starting in October 2022.
- Support the section in specific topics of environmental, Human Rights and Civil Society projects
- Participate in meetings related to the management of cooperation contracts.
- Organization of material from EU regional programs and thematic lines (climate change, Civil Society, among others) arriving from UE headquarters.
- Support internal analysis on environment issues, economic development of the Northern border, trade and private sector development, youth employment, among other subjects.
- Support in the production of visibility material, projects files, brochures
- Support in written translations (English/Spanish).
- Support in the Delegation's organization of several public events related to cooperation.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- MA diploma in Economic Development, Environment, International Relations, Social Sciences or equivalents
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Spanish (both spoken and written)
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-ECUADOR-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europa.eu/europass/en (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Cooperation Section (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.