Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Ecuador
A traineeship of minimum 4 and up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Ecuador, starting in October 2022.
- Contribute to preparing content for the EU delegation website and other relevant websites, as well as content and management of the Delegation social media;
- Assist in the organization of EU events (European Film Festival, Human Rights Day, etc) or events supported by the EU;
- Prepare content for key messages and speeches;
- Take part in seminars and events & report back;
- Gather and monitor daily incoming information in the press for reports;
- Follow-up and analyse political developments in the country;
- Investigate, compile information on specific topics of interest for the Delegation, draft background notes;
- Any other request from the Head of Section and the Head of Delegation.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- BA degree in Political Science, International relations, communications or related
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Good knowledge or specialization in Latin America
- Good analytical and drafting skills
- Ability to handle politically sensitive issues in a responsible manner
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-ECUADOR-PPI@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europa.eu/europass/en (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press and Information (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.