Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Guatemala
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Guatemala, starting in November 2022.
- To closely cooperate with colleagues dealing with visibility and communication and provide support where needed.
- To follow up on key political, economic, social and cultural events, and to help develop related EU reports and propose related communication actions
- Assist in following and implementing the EU Delegation’s communication activities and delivery of the related events.
- Assist in preparing creative social media communication targeting in particular the EU’s focal groups indigenous people, youth, women and opinion makers.
- To draft synthesis reports and/or briefings.
- To contribute to monitoring and analysis of open sources.
- To organise and follow up of meetings including reporting
We look for:
A dynamic team player
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, applicants currently residing in Guatemala will only be considered
- BA Degree in the area of Political Sciences /International relations/ Journalism or related/Communication/Marketing.
- Spanish level C2
- Good understanding of English and the knowledge of indigenous languages and culture are considered as strong assets
- Written evidence that the candidate has suitable sickness/accident insurance
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press and Information Section.
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Guatemala must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.