Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press & Information Section of the EU Delegation to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, starting in March 2022.
The Political - Press and information section monitors diplomatic relations between the European Union and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan in the country and helps publicize EU actions in support of the country’s development.
- Preparing background material, analysis, drafting minutes of meetings and contributions to drafting reports, assessments and other written products of the delegation
- Logistical support, including organization of events
- Attending and reporting on seminars, conferences, think-tank or other events
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, applicants currently residing in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan might only be considered
- Very good knowledge of the English language
- Good command of usual IT Tools
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-JORDAN-VACANCY@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
(CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Political, Press & Information Section
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country.