Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to India (EUDEL, New Delhi)
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the “Sustainable Modernisation” SuMo Section of the EU Delegation to India, starting in September 2022.
The section includes three diplomats in charge of fostering Policy Dialogue and Cooperation between EU and India (government and stakeholders) on a range of environmental topics including: climate (mitigation, adaptation and finance), energy, water, urbanisation, transports, industry & private sector engagement, biodiversity or circular economy, as well as 3 project managers and support staff.
- Attending meetings and reporting to EUDEL and EU headquarters,
- Supporting the organisation, smooth delivery and logistics of meetings, campaigns, brochures and public events in relation to the section portfolio,
- More specific research and synthesis work in relation to the section needs and candidate background, under the supervision of EU counsellors.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- A committed, reliable and professional colleague, eager to learn and contribute,
- A solid scientific, economic and/or legal background in some or all of the section topics (above), Master’s degree equivalent or more,
- Fluent in English, able to draft and analyse relevant documents,
- Comfortable with MS Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint,
- A good team player, curious, creative, able and willing to work with the whole section and adapt its workload to changing priorities,
- A creative mind, interested to promote and improve Green Policy Dialogue and Cooperation between EU and India,
- Some basic experience with “Main tasks”, above in an academic or professional context.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - SuMo (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.