Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Jamaica, Belize, The Bahamas, Turks and Caicos and The Cayman Islands
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Jamaica, Belize, The Bahamas, Turks and Caicos and The Cayman Islands?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Jamaica, Belize, The Bahamas, Turks and Caicos and The Cayman Islands, starting in May 2022.
- Monitor political and economic developments in Jamaica, Belize and the Bahamas, and contribute to drafting reports.
- Conduct research and draft reports on political and economic affairs.
- Attend and report on public events, seminars, conference.
- Provide support to public diplomacy events, visits organised by the Delegation, and visits from Headquarters.
- Participate and provide support to the events organised by the delegation (Seminars, conferences, workshop, …) collect information in order to draft reports
- Organise, attend meetings and take minutes.
- Assist in the implementation of the communication strategy and outreach events of the delegation (Facebook, Twitter, webpage, etc.).
- Assist colleagues (translation, search for information,).
- Follow issues of interest to the EU in its internal and external policies.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, applicants currently residing in Jamaica will only be considered
- Excellent command of English (minimum C1).
- Knowledge about the EU, its policies and institutions.
- Knowledge about and insight into Jamaican and Caribbean politics and economy
- Capacity to work in a multicultural team, showing good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Methodical, rigorous and autonomous mind-set.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press and Information (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Jamaica must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country.