Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Lebanon
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Lebanon, starting in April-May 2023.
- Contribute to finding background material and drafting briefings on political, economic and other matters in Lebanon;
- Monitor developments and contribute to reporting on pertinent regional matters (incl. relations with the Gulf countries, Iran, Turkey etc.);
- Assist in preparing and accompanying incoming visits from HQ;
- Support in the preparations of events and field visits by EU Delegation staff;
- Assist in preparing EU coordination and other external meetings.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Taking into account the local health and security conditions, applicants currently residing in Lebanon will only be considered
- University degree in international relations, diplomacy, political science, law, economics or similar;
- Fluency in English (writing and speaking); knowledge of French and Arabic is an asset;
- Willingness to work autonomously and deal with a high number of varying topics on a daily basis;
- Readiness to work in a multinational team;
- Ability to write well-researched, well-structured, concise, precise and comprehensible texts on complex matters;
- Advanced computer skills in basic IT tools (word, excel, zoom, webex etc.)
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press and Information Section
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travels, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
Citizens from EU Member states:
- must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation;
- must undertake to apply for a relevant entrance visa and / or temporary residence permit where applicable, based on the traineeship agreement, the duration of the traineeship, and in compliance with the local legislation.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the context of the COVID-19 in the host country as well as in the country of origin where applicable.