Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Malaysia
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Malaysia?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political Section of the EU Delegation to Malaysia, starting in March/April 2023, subject to availability of budget.
The Political, Press and Information section is responsible for political analysis and reporting, relations in this field with the Malaysia interlocutors, coordination with EU Member States and organisation of public events. It also covers press and information activities, including substantial cultural diplomacy. There is a growing cooperation with Malaysia in different sectors, and this includes political as well as press and information aspects. There is a considerable number of events either hosted by the EU Delegation, or in which we participate
- Assist with the analysis of the political situation in Malaysia;
- Monitoring of local media regarding, in particular, domestic and foreign policies including ASEAN relations, rule of law, human rights and governance;
- Support the EU's cooperation with Malaysia regarding human rights;
- Drafting of background notes on specific issues;
- Help with outreach to relevant local stakeholders;
- Support the organization of events related to the work of the Delegation;
- Attending and reporting from meetings, academic lectures and think tanks, events.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, only applicants currently residing in Malaysia will be considered
- At least a Bachelor degree in international relations, political science, law or similar degree;
- Excellent spoken and written English and Malay; interest in and knowledge of Malaysian politics is an advantage;
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills; and good IT skills.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address delegation-Malaysia-Jobs@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political Section
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Malaysia must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on traineeships possibilities.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country.