Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Malaysia
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Trade Section of the EU Delegation to Malaysia, starting in March/April 2023, subject to availability of budget.
The Trade and Economic Section is a small and dynamic section within the EU Delegation to Malaysia that deals with trade and economic relations between the EU and Malaysia. It works closely with the Malaysian Government, the network of European Trade Counsellors as well as with Malaysian and European business organizations and covers sectors from aviation, telecommunication, energy and manufacturing to agriculture and environment.
- Analysis of bilateral trade and investment developments and issues;
- Analysis of Malaysia's trade policy in relation to third countries and its impact on the EU;
- Analysis of macro or sector-specific Malaysian economic policies;
- Assessment of ASEAN-related trade issues and EU regional trade policy in relation to ASEAN;
- Participation and evaluation of local events, including seminars, workshops, conferences;
- Assessment and analysis of Malaysian economic developments;
- Statistical data collation and analysis of trade and economic indicators;
- Monitoring of ASEAN economic integration.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, only applicants currently residing in Malaysia will be considered
- Having good drafting skills in English is required
- Knowledge of trade policy, the international trading system and /or background in economic or legal questions is an asset but not prerequisite
- Enthusiasm, team working abilities, passion for multi-cultural and multi-lingual work environment, and resilience would be an advantage
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address delegation-Malaysia-Jobs@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Trade Section
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Malaysia must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on traineeships possibilities.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country.