Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Malaysia - Press & Information Section
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Malaysia?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Press & Information Section of the EU Delegation to Malaysia, starting in April 2022, subject to availability of the budget.
The Political, Press and Information section is responsible for political analysis and reporting, relations in this field with the Malaysia interlocutors, coordination with EU Member States and organisation of public events. It also covers press and information activities, including substantial cultural diplomacy. There is a growing cooperation with Malaysia in different sectors, and this includes political as well as press and information aspects. There is a considerable number of events either hosted by the EU Delegation, or in which we participate.
- Support the organisation of the Delegation's public diplomacy events and activities;
- Monitoring of local media for priority issues of importance to EU-Malaysia relations;
- Support the production of media products, such as a daily news overview and items for the Delegation's social media.
- Participate in and report on local events, including seminars, workshops and conferences;
- Attending and reporting from such events as major political meetings, academic lectures and think tanks; and provide support for incoming visits.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, applicants currently residing in Malaysia will only be considered
- At least a Bachelor degree of relevance to the field of work, e.g. communications, journalism;
- Excellent spoken and written English and Malay an advantage;
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills; and good IT skills essential.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address Delegation-Malaysia-Jobs@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Press & Information section (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Malaysia must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.