Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Mexico - Political, Press and Information Section
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Mexico?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Mexico, starting as from mid-March 2022.
- Daily monitoring of the Mexican media;
- Contributing to political reporting on issues relevant for EU-Mexico relations (incl. bilateral, regional, global developments);
- Conducting research and analysis of specific topic as needed and preparing speaking points for conferences, seminars etc.;
- Supporting the organisation of visits or events in Mexico including public diplomacy activities;
- Taking notes and reporting from EU coordination meetings or other meetings, in particular related to human rights.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Relevant University degree, e.g. in international relations, political science or EU affairs;
- Very good command of Spanish and English (oral and written);
- Ability to conduct political analysis of developing events;
- Familiarity with Latin America politics is preferable;
- Capacity to work under pressure at times.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-MEXICO-INTERNSHIP@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press and Information Section
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-residents candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.