Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Mongolia
A traineeship of 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Mongolia, starting in July 2022.
The position will be to deal with political, economic and human rights issues as well as assist with press and public diplomacy issues.
- Analyse political, economic and human rights developments
- Gather and monitor daily incoming news and information
- Assist in political and economic reporting
- Draft background notes on specific issues
- Assist the Head of Section and Section colleagues liaising with Mongolian counterparts.
- Assist in the preparation of meetings and events with practical arrangements, research and the drafting of statements and correspondence.
- Prepare weekly press reviews if needed
- Support the preparation and implementation of communication and public diplomacy activities
- Attend conferences, seminars and meetings and take minutes of them
- Contribute to administrative tasks as required.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the uncertain context of the COVID-19 pandemic and related travel restrictions, only applicants currently residing in Mongolia will be considered
- Being a young graduate, with maximum one year of professional experience
- Diploma in political science, international relations, European affairs, public affairs, journalism, communication or law
- Being a citizen of an EU Member State or of Mongolia
- Residing already in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia or arriving here by June 2022.
- Interest in and preferably prior knowledge of EU institutional framework and policies
- Interest in and preferably prior knowledge of Mongolian political affairs
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Ability to handle politically sensitive issues in a responsible manner
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent English language skills
- Excellent Mongolian language skills.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-MONGOLIA-HR@EEAS.EUROPA.EU and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
- (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - PPI Section
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Mongolia must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.