Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Mozambique
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Mozambique, starting in April/May 2023.
The Political, Press and Information Section at the EU Delegation is responsible for political analysis and reporting, relations in this field with the Mozambican government and institutions as well as coordination with the EU Member States. The Section also covers press and information activities, including substantial cultural and economic diplomacy.
- Assist with the analysis of the political situation in Mozambique, including draft of political reports and background notes;
- Draft, proof-read and edit documents, including for social media;
- Conceptualize and implement social media campaigns to enhance EU visibility;
- Support the organization of events managed by the EU Delegation and the existing coordination and cooperation with EU Member States;
- Attend and report from meetings, academic lectures and other relevant events.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in international relations, political science or similar studies;
- Excellent spoken and written English, good knowledge of Portuguese is an asset;
- Excellent analytical, drafting and IT skills;
- Excellent time-management as well as strong communication skills;
- Prior experience in Mozambique or in Africa, or in an international institution or similar, is considered an advantage.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - PPI
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travels, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
Citizens from EU Member states:
- must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation;
- must undertake to apply for a relevant entrance visa and / or temporary residence permit where applicable, based on the traineeship agreement, the duration of the traineeship, and in compliance with the local legislation.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the context of the COVID-19 in the host country as well as in the country of origin where applicable.