Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Mozambique
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Mozambique?
A traineeship of 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Mozambique, starting as from May 2022.
The Political, Press and Information Section at the EU Delegation is responsible for political analysis and reporting, relations in this field with the Mozambican government and institutions as well as coordination with the EU Member States. The Section also covers press and information activities, including substantial cultural and economic diplomacy.
- Assist with the analysis of the political situation in Mozambique, including by drafting political reports and background notes;
- Strengthen the existing coordination and cooperation with EU Member States;
- Support EU's cooperation with Mozambique on human rights;
- Drafting, proof-reading and editing documents, including for social media;
- Conceptualize and implement social media campaigns to enhance EU visibility;
- Support the organization of events organised by the EU Delegation;
- Attend and report from meetings, academic lectures and other relevant events.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in international relations, political science or similar studies;
- Excellent spoken and written English, good knowledge of Portuguese is an asset;
- Excellent analytical, drafting and IT skills;
- Excellent time-management as well as strong communication skills;
- Prior experience in Mozambique or in Africa, or in an international institution or similar, is considered an advantage.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - PPI Section (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.