Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Norway
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Norway?
A traineeship of 5 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Norway, starting in April 2022.
- Participate actively in the Delegation's work and get a unique opportunity to learn more about the EU's relations with Norway and how the EEAS is operating in Norway and the world.
- Information related work, such as writing news stories for the web, and manage social media.
- Assist with planning visits and events, collecting information, writing minutes.
- Assist with drafting political/economic reports.
- Organising the 'Trainee of Missions' meetings.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, only applicants currently residing in Norway will be considered
- Applicants must have knowledge and interest in the EU and its institutions;
- Good knowledge of Norwegian, including drafting skills in both Norwegian and English, would be a strong asset;
- Applicants must be a MA student or hold a MA degree;
- Applicants must have relevant computer skills
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press and Information Section (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Norway must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country.