Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to the OECD and UNESCO in Paris
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in International Organisations?
A traineeship of 4 to 6 months within the Political or Economic/Trade or Development Section of the EU Delegation to the OECD and UNESCO in Paris to France, starting in March 2022, subject to availability of the budget.
The Delegation represents the European Union and its 27 Member States at the OECD, UNESCO and the IEA and is based in Paris. These three, very different organisations deal with a wide array of economic, social, environmental but also cultural, education and energy matters which are of major relevance to the EU.
For further information of the work of each section please see here:
- Drafting research papers on EU-related matters;
- Preparation, participation and note-taking of EU coordination meetings;
- Drafting research papers on OECD, UNESCO or IEA as well as preparation of EU line-to-take for OECD, UNESCO or IEA meetings;
- Participation, note-taking, and drafting of reports of EU coordination meeting as well as OECD, UNESCO or IEA meetings.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- You have excellent command of the English language, in particular solid drafting skills (a written test will be requested);
- You have some knowledge of the French language;
- Besides your main degree, you have additional degree in another field (e.g. law, economics, international relations)
- You may wish to indicate whether you have any expertise with OECD or UNESCO or IEA matters, or any particular interest/preference for any of the three organisations. Note however that the ultimate decision as to traineeship assignment lies with the delegation.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-PARIS-TRAINEES@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political Section or Economic/Trade Section or Development Section (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.