Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Paraguay
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Paraguay?
A traineeship of 6 months within the Political, Press an Information Section of the EU Delegation to Paraguay, starting in June 2022.
Under the supervision of the Head of Section,
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of public diplomacy activities of the EU Delegation
- Assist in the Section’s research and reporting on domestic and foreign policies
- Assist in drafting media releases
- Contribute to articles for the daily News Flash
- Assist in identifying and developing social media content for the Delegation’s social media pages
- Assist in capturing and disseminating audio and visual materials related to the events organised by the EU Delegation.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Demonstrated interest in the area of international relations, communications and diplomacy or background in the fields of international relations, politics or communications
- Excellent organisational, reporting and networking skills with individual drive and team spirit
- Knowledge of the most common social media tools
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- A cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- And an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - PPI Section.
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.