Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to the Philippines
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Ambassador’s cluster of the EU Delegation to the Philippines, starting in May 2023.
Under the guidance of the officials in the Section, the selected candidate will develop activities in the following policy areas:
- Political Affairs: perform research on a broad range of foreign policy, security and human rights issues; draft political reports, notes and speeches, attend and report on events.
- Press and Public Diplomacy: help with outreach programs and events, assist with digital communications, conduct in-depth media analysis and respond to public inquiries, support the Delegation in meetings and related activities.
The selected candidate is expected to be open-minded and flexible regarding areas of assignments and tasks.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Taking into account the local health and security conditions, applicants currently residing in the Philippines will only be considered;
- At least a bachelor diploma in political sciences, law or international relations;
- A Master degree is considered an asset;
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is a must.
- Knowledge or fluency in Filipino (Wikang Pambansâ) and/or other Philippine language is an asset.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Surname, Name
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travels, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
Citizens from EU Member states:
- must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation;
- must undertake to apply for a relevant entrance visa and / or temporary residence permit where applicable, based on the traineeship agreement, the duration of the traineeship, and in compliance with the local legislation.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the context of the COVID-19 in the host country as well as in the country of origin where applicable.