Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to the Republic of North Macedonia - Political Section
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in the Republic of North Macedonia?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political Section of the EU Delegation to the Republic of North Macedonia, starting in September 2022.
The section covers Political affairs, both domestic and foreign as well as European Integration, Press and Information. It fulfils the duties of a classical diplomatic mission together with the additional role of preparing the country's integration into the European Union as well as public diplomacy.
- Participating in meetings with Government, Parliament, political parties, state institutions, international organisations and thereafter preparing summaries of the discussion;
- Analysing reports from the government, parliament and civil society and preparing summary reports;
- Analysing political party polls, trends and issues.
- Following the implementation of the EU reforms under the political criteria, writing assessments and draft recommendations;
- The selected candidate can also be asked to perform other tasks, e.g assisting in the preparation of high-level incoming visits from EU institutions, and he/she will work in a team of hard working, committed and professional colleagues.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, applicants currently residing in North Macedonia and EU citizens can apply.
- Energetic, flexible and curious people, who learn quickly, have excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a multicultural team.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-NORTH-MACEDONIA-RECRUITMENTS@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political Section (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in North Macedonia must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country.