Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to SERBIA – European Integration and Economic Section
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in the Republic of Serbia?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the European Integration and Economic Section Section of the EU Delegation to Serbia, starting in May 2022.
The European Integration and Economic Section deals with the EU accession process and economic and trade issues. The main tasks include following the implementation of the Stabilisation and Association Agreement, the negotiation process in particular economic criteria and related acquis chapters, contribution to the European Commission’s Annual Serbia Report, macro-economic analyses, fiscal developments, trade, foreign investments including monitoring of third country actors, regional economic integration – Common Regional Market.
- Support to the work of the European Integration and Economic Section team;
- Following developments in all areas relevant for the section, researching and compiling documentation, drafting reports and analysis, preparing briefings and answering queries;
- Organising, attending and reporting from relevant events (conferences, meetings, round tables).
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants currently residing in Serbia will only be considered
- Minimum Bachelor degree, preferably in law, economics, political science or European studies;
- Sound drafting, analytical and communication skills;
- Fluency in English and Serbian language.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-SERBIA-ADMINISTRATION@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - EIE Section (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Serbia must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.