Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to SERBIA – Operations 1 Section
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in the Republic of Serbia?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Operations 1 Section Section of the EU Delegation to Serbia, starting in May 2022.
Description of the Section:
The OPS I Section is responsible for assistance linked to two negotiating chapters, notably Chapter 23 (sub-chapters are judiciary, against corruption, fundamental rights and freedom of expression) and Chapter 24 (Fight against organised crime and migration, asylum, borders and security). It also provides support to the work of the political Section in these two chapters, including inputs for briefings and background information for high-level visits of EU representatives.
The portfolio of the section is composed of different kinds of contracts (grants, services, works, supplies, etc.) of different sizes (small amounts for local NGOs to bigger contracts with international organisations).
- Support to the work of the Operations 1 Section;
- Researching and compiling documentation, drafting reports and analysis, preparing briefings and answering queries related to the work of the section (justice, home affairs, social inclusion);
- Organising, attending and reporting from relevant events (conferences, meetings, round tables).
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants currently residing in Serbia will only be considered
- Minimum Bachelor degree, preferably in law, political or social science;
- Sound drafting and communication skills;
- Fluency in English and Serbian language;
- Good understanding of the Rule of law sector in Serbia, including policies and priorities under the Chapters 23 and 24, in particular fundamental rights.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-SERBIA-ADMINISTRATION@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - OPS 1 Section (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Serbia must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.