Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to SERBIA – Operations 2 Section
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in the Republic of Serbia?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Operations 2 Section Section of the EU Delegation to Serbia, starting in May 2022.
The Operations 2 section is responsible for the areas of Public Administration Reform, Public Finance Management, Private Sector Development, Innovation and Research, Education, Decentralization and local development. Work focuses on policy dialogue, monitoring of policy developments, identification and formulation of projects, management and monitoring of projects, coordination with national and international stakeholders, communication and public diplomacy etc. The intern will support the work of the section and report to the Head of section.
- Contribute to the analysis of sector policies, laws and regulations
- Participate in sector related public or project event and draft summaries of meetings
- Contribute to the identification and formulation of new projects
- Support Project Managers in the management of projects
- Contribute to sector related knowledge management activities
- Contribute to outreach and communication activities
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants currently residing in Serbia will only be considered
- Higher Education Degree, preferably in social sciences
- Good analytical capacity
- Ability to fluently communicate in English language both in writing and speaking
- Previous experience in working in international organizations and/or project management is considered an asset
- Previous working experiences in one of the above sectorial areas is considered as an asset
- Good team player and communicator
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-SERBIA-ADMINISTRATION@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - OPS 2 Section (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Serbia must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.