Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Sri Lanka and the Maldives
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Sri Lanka, starting in July 2022.
The Section supports EU political and trade policy dialogues. It provides analysis of political and economic developments in Sri Lanka and the Maldives. The section is also responsible for press and information activities of the Delegation.
- Analyse and write reports about economic developments and policies in Sri Lanka and the Maldives
- Follow economic news in the local media and summarise these.
- Analyse and review political developments in Sri Lanka
- Support monitoring and follow-up to the GSP+ process with Sri Lanka
- Support other sections in the Delegation on economic issues
- Carry out any other assignment as instructed by the Head of Section or proposed by the trainee and agreed by the Head of Section.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the uncertain context in Sri Lanka, only applicants currently residing in Sri Lanka will be considered
- Bachelor, preferably Master degree (or higher) in a relevant field (economics, political science, law or similar)
- Good knowledge of economic and trade policies; knowledge of the functioning and policies of the European Union
- Excellent analytical, communication and drafting skills in English.
- Excellent computer literacy and creative spirit
- Willingness and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Knowledge of local languages and context would be an asset.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-SRI-LANKA-COOPINTERNS@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press and Information Section (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Sri Lanka must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.