Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Sri Lanka and the Maldives
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Sri Lanka?
Two traineeships of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Sri Lanka, starting in November 2022.
The Section supports EU political and trade policy dialogues. It provides analysis of political and economic developments in Sri Lanka and the Maldives. The section is also responsible for press and information activities of the Delegation.
- Research and contribute to reports about economic developments and policies in Sri Lanka and the Maldives
- Follow economic news in the local media and summarise these.
- Analyse and review political developments in Sri Lanka
- Support monitoring and follow-up to the GSP+ process with Sri Lanka
- Contribute to other ad hoc tasks of the section
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Bachelor, preferably Master degree (or higher) in a relevant field (economics, political science, law or similar )
- Good knowledge of the economic, social and political situation in Sri Lanka. Interest and preferably knowledge of the functioning and policies of the European Union
- Excellent analytical, communication and drafting skills in English.
- Good computer literacy and creative spirit
- Interest and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Good knowledge of local languages (Sinhala and/or Tamil)
- Knowledge of local context would be an asset
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-SRI-LANKA-PPI-TRAINEES@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press and Information Section.
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.