Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Sri Lanka and the Maldives
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Sri Lanka, starting in May 2023.
The Section supports EU political and trade policy dialogues. It provides analysis of political and economic developments in Sri Lanka and the Maldives. The section is also responsible for press and information activities of the Delegation.
- Research and contribute to reports about economic developments and policies in Sri Lanka and the Maldives
- Follow and summarise economic news in the local media
- Analyse and review political developments in Sri Lanka
- Support monitoring and follow-up to the GSP+ process with Sri Lanka
- Contribute to other ad hoc tasks of the section
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Taking into account the local health and security conditions, applicants currently residing in Sri Lanka, or Sri Lankan citizens, will only be considered.
- Bachelor, preferably Master degree (or higher) in a relevant field (economics, political science, law or similar)
- Good knowledge of the economic, social and political situation in Sri Lanka. Interest and preferably knowledge of the functioning and policies of the European Union.
- Excellent analytical, communication and drafting skills in English.
- Good computer literacy and creative spirit.
- Interest and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Good knowledge of local languages (Sinhala and/or Tamil).
- Knowledge of local context would be an asset.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-SRI-LANKA-PPI-TRAINEES@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press and Information Section
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travels, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
Citizens from EU Member states:
- must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation;
- must undertake to apply for a relevant entrance visa and / or temporary residence permit where applicable, based on the traineeship agreement, the duration of the traineeship, and in compliance with the local legislation.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the context of the COVID-19 in the host country as well as in the country of origin where applicable.