Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to the State of Kuwait
A traineeship of 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to the State of Kuwait , starting in November 2022.
- Monitor local and regional press and media;
- Support strategic communication on social media to enhance EU visibility;
- Analyse political developments in the State of Kuwait;
- Conduct research and draft background notes on specific topics;
- Assist in political reporting;
- Attend conferences and seminars upon request and report back;
- Support organisation of public events and campaigns.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the current situation in Kuwait, only applicants currently residing in Kuwait will be considered
- Communication skills, capacity and interest in social media and networking;
- Excellent English language skills;
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset;
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills;
- Ability to handle politically sensitive issues in a responsible manner;
- General knowledge of and interest in Gulf politics and human rights developments in the region.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-KUWAIT-VACANCIES@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - PPI Section.
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship).
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Kuwait must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus only candidates currently residing in country of assignment will be considered.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin.