Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Turkey
A traineeship of 6 months within the COOP3 – Facility for Refugees Section of the EU Delegation to Turkey, starting in October 2022.
The Facility for Refugees is a coordination mechanism that allows for the swift, effective and efficient
mobilisation of EU assistance to refugees in Turkey. The Facility ensures the optimal
mobilisation of existing EU financing instruments, as humanitarian and/or development
assistance, to address the needs of refugees and host communities in a comprehensive and
The Facility focuses its interventions on humanitarian assistance, education, migration management, health, municipal infrastructure and socio-economic support.
COOP 3 section is in charge to contract additional €3 billion package, announced in June 2021 to continue EU assistance to refugees in Turkey for the period of 2021-2023.
- Plan and organise visibility missions to promote Facility funded projects across Turkey;
- Contribute to the day-to-day work of the section;
- Interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders on Facility related matters;
- Provide assistance for compiling of reports, documents and presentations under supervision, and for managing under supervision presentation of information for the management and on the website of the Delegation.
- Support speech writing for the Head of section, briefings and reports writing for the management;
- Coordinate drafting briefings with other section at the EU Delegation;
- Data entry of financial information related to contracts and encoding of data in OPSYS information system of the EU;
- Filing official documents in ARES and the archive of the EU Delegation;
- Assisting in re-setting/organising and preparation of quarterly and annual reporting.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- be a citizen of the host country, national from the EU Member States or States which have signed an accession agreement with the EU;
- have completed the first cycle of a higher education course and obtained a university degree or its equivalent (bachelor’s degree)
- have a good knowledge of English (knowledge of Turkish language shall be considered as an asset);
- have good drafting and information technologies skills;
- be organised and able to work autonomously;
- be covered in the event of illness or accident by a national social security scheme or a
private insurance policy,
- have less than 1 year of professional experience, preferably in social sector or international cooperation ( traineeship in any EU institution, body or agency, delegation, with Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) shall be considered as an asset;
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-TURKEY-TRAINEE-APPLICATIONS@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europa.eu/europass/en (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - COOP3.
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.