Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Ukraine
A traineeship of up to 5 months within the Press&Information Section of the EU Delegation to Ukraine, starting in October 2022.
The Press and Information Section of the Delegation of the EU in Ukraine is a small (6 persons) but very dynamic and strategic section in the Delegation of the EU in Ukraine.
- To assist in preparing (drafting, translating, proof-reading) press and information materials for their publication on the website and Delegation´s social media profiles;
- To assist in administrative and organizational aspects for public events preparations across the country;
- To coordinate activities and events organized by the section ;
- To provide back-office support for the Section's staff (answering requests, taking notes at the meetings, preparing meetings, etc.)
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the ongoing Russian aggression and very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, applicants currently residing in Ukraine will only be considered
- Bachelor degree in political science or international relations, journalism and communications, economics or related field (e.g. )
- Additional degree in another field (e.g. law)
- Ongoing master studies in humanities
- Knowledge of Ukrainian/Russian a serious asset
- Knowledge of an additional EU language
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office and presentation skills, experienced user of social media
- Proven interest in the EU affairs
- Independent, hard-working and attentive to details
- Active participation in the activities of civil society or academic organizations, experience of working as volunteer.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-UKRAINE-TRAINEESHIPS@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europa.eu/europass/en (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Press&Information Section.
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Ukraine must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.