Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to the United Arab Emirates
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to the United Arab Emirates in Abu Dhabi, starting in June 2023.
The trainee will be based in the EU Delegation in Abu Dhabi and will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Political, Press and Information Section of the Delegation.
- Assisting the EUDEL in the preparation of COP28 in the UAE.
- Assisting the Political, Press and Information Section officers in the preparation and organisation of EU local coordination meetings.
- Researching and preparing background material, analysis, drafting contributions to reports, assessments and other written products.
- Attending and reporting on meetings, seminars, conferences, or other events.
- Support the preparation, logistics, organisation and implementation of visits and communication related activities.
- Contributing to the preparation and enhancing visibility and communication of EU events, including public diplomacy activities; assisting in the promotion of such events.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Capacity to act quickly and autonomously; good diplomatic and inter-personal skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English; Knowledge of Arabic would be an asset;
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.);
- Studies in International Relations, Law, Political Sciences or in any other relevant field;
- Experience from working in the Middle East/Gulf or from climate diplomacy relevant work would be considered as extra assets.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-UNITED-ARAB-EMIRATES-TRAINEESHIPS@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political Press and Information Section
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travels, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
Citizens from EU Member states:
- must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation;
- must undertake to apply for a relevant entrance visa and / or temporary residence permit where applicable, based on the traineeship agreement, the duration of the traineeship, and in compliance with the local legislation.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the context of the COVID-19 in the host country as well as in the country of origin where applicable.