Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to United Arab Emirates
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to United Arab Emirates, starting in November 2022.
- Assisting the Political, Press and Information Section officers in the preparation and organisation of EU local coordination meetings.
- Researching and preparing background material, analysis, drafting contributions to reports, assessments and other written products.
- Attending and reporting on meetings, seminars, conferences, or other events.
- Support the preparation, logistics, organisation and implementation of visits and communication related activities.
- Contributing to the preparation and enhancing visibility and communication of EU events, including public diplomacy activities; assisting in the promotion of such events.
- Assisting the EUDEL in the preparation of COP28 in the UAE.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the evolving context of the COVID-19 pandemic, only applicants residing in the nearby of Abu Dhabi might be preferred.
- Capacity to act quickly and independently; good diplomatic and inter-personal skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English; Knowledge of Arabic would be an asset;
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.);
- Studies in International Relations, Law, Political Sciences or in any other relevant field;
- Experience from working in the Middle East/Gulf would be considered as an extra asset.
Please note: The trainee will be based in the EU Delegation in Abu Dhabi and will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Political, Press and Information Section of the Delegation.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-UNITED-ARAB-EMIRATES-TRAINEESHIPS@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europa.eu/europass/en (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press and Information Section.
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation. Applicants must be citizens from the EU Member States or from candidate countries which signed an accession agreement with the EU or citizens from the host country.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment. No traineeship can start if the trainee must be in quarantine.