Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to the United Nations and other international organisations – Head of Delegation/Coordination Section
A traineeship of up to 5 months within the Head of Delegation/Coordination Section of the EU Delegation to the UN in Geneva, starting in September 2022.
- Contributing to the drafting of briefings,
- Drafting reports of meetings;
- Assist the Head of Delegation team in arrangements of reception, dinners for the Head of Delegation,
- Prepare background documents for the Head of Delegation,
- Provide additional support to the human rights team during the September HRC session
- Other tasks related to internal coordination with the various teams.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Excellent drafting skills in English, knowledge of French would be a strong advantage; diploma/studies in the field of international relations would be an additional asset.
- Knowledge of the workings of the European Union and of the United Nations would also be advantages.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Head of Delegation/Coordination Section(you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.