Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to the United Nations and other international organisations – Communication and Policy Coordination Section
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Geneva at the United Nations and other international organisations ?
A traineeship of up to 5 months within the Communication and Policy Coordination Section of the EU Delegation to the UN in Geneva, starting in March 2022, subject to availability of the budget.
The Communication and Policy Coordination section is in charge of horizontal issues at the EU Delegation, mainly all public outreach, press relations and events. The section also handles the coordination of the weekly meetings of the EU Member State Ambassadors, chaired by the Head of the EU Delegation as well as other horizontal policy issues.
- Draft a daily press review, drafting news stories for the Delegation's website
- Support the social media work of the Delegation (Twitter, Facebook),
- Provide support in the organisation of events, conferences and campaigns
- Attend conferences/meetings and drafting reports
- Support the preparation of the weekly meetings of Heads of Missions of EU Member States
- Provide input for briefings for the Head of Delegation
- Any other task assigned by the HoS and/or team colleagues.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Excellent drafting skills in English, knowledge of French would be a strong advantage
- Knowledge of the workings of the European Union and of the United Nations would also be advantages
- MA level with studies in the field of/related to communication, journalism, European studies, internationals relations or political science
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Communication and Policy Coordination Section (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.