Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Uruguay
A traineeship of 6 months within the Cooperation Section and the Political and Communication Section of the EU Delegation to Uruguay, starting in June 2022.
The traineeship will contain tasks for both sections.
- Organise, participate in and report on meetings with Government representatives, local authorities and civil society.
- Support visibility and communication on cooperation and political activities.
- Monitor, analyse and contribute to reports on the political situation of Uruguay, human rights, national affairs and foreign relations.
- Investigate and carry out analytical tasks and draft recommendations through independent work.
- Support project management in all its phases, including planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Prepare presentations, maintain and review records and archives in both sections and carry out other relevant administrative tasks.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- An academic background (at least BA) relevant to the areas of politics, international relations, climate change, environment, human rights, civil society, security, or digital transformation.
- Flexible and available to contribute with a diverse range of activities according to the current requirements in both sections, from policy analysis to administrative tasks.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Interest in diplomacy, politics, international relations, international cooperation, human rights and European Union.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Cooperation Section and Political, and Communication Section (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.