Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Uruguay
A traineeship of 4 months within the Cooperation Section of the EU Delegation to Uruguay, starting on 26 July 2023.
The Cooperation Section in the Delegation of the European Union to Uruguay plans and implements the cooperation activities of the EU in Uruguay. Main areas that the EU is currently active in are climate change, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, human rights, civil society, security, digital transformation.
- Organise, participate in and report on meetings with Government representatives, local authorities and civil society.
- Prepare presentations, maintain and review records and archives of cooperation activities and carry out other relevant administrative tasks.
- Support visibility and communication on cooperation activities.
- Support project management in all its phases, including planning, monitoring and evaluation.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- An academic background relevant to the areas of climate change, agriculture, energy, environment, human rights, civil society, security, or digital transformation.
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Flexible and available to contribute with a diverse range of activities according to the current requirements of the Cooperation section.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Cooperation Section
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travels, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
Citizens from EU Member states:
- must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation;
- must undertake to apply for a relevant entrance visa and / or temporary residence permit where applicable, based on the traineeship agreement, the duration of the traineeship, and in compliance with the local legislation.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the context of the COVID-19 in the host country as well as in the country of origin where applicable.