Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Vietnam
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Vietnam, starting in November 2022.
- Contributing to the preparation of meetings including EU coordination meeting with Member States, Vietnamese authorities, taking notes and reporting on the outcomes of the meetings
- Reporting on the political situation in Vietnam
- Drafting of briefings, speeches and lines to take for the Head of Delegation and the Head of the PPI Section
- Researching and compiling documentation
- Assisting in the conception and implementation of public diplomacy initiatives and campaigns
- Other tasks as assigned
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- University degree in humanities, social, political or economic fields
- Perfect command of English
- Proficiency in the use of Office suite. Proficiency in multimedia applications a plus
- Additional qualification in another field (e.g. marketing, PR, journalism, multimedia)
- Experience in social media and event organisation a plus for the Press and Political Section traineeship
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-VIETNAM-VACANCY@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press and Information Section.
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.