Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation/Office to SOMALIA
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Somalia?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Operations Section of the EU Delegation/Office to Somalia (based in Nairobi), starting in September 2022.
- Under the guidance of the team leader, monitor the human rights situation and wider governance issues in Somalia and contribute to reporting, briefings and analysis.
- Work closely with other members of the team on human rights and governance topics.
- Contribute to the identification and analysis of programmes as needed.
- Liaise with international partners, civil society and human rights organisations, as well as other relevant entities.
- Fulfil other duties, as required.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Hold a university degree, preferably in international relations, political science, development, journalism/media or other relevant fields;
- Strong analytical and writing skills;
- Be a team player and good communicator;
- Familiarity with common social media platforms;
- See the internship as an opportunity for personal development;
- Familiarity with the way the EU works is an advantage but not essential;
- Knowledge of the Somali language would be an asset.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Operations Section (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.