Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU European Economic and Trade Office to Taiwan
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Office represents EU interests and values in Taiwan?
Traineeships of up to 6 months within the following sections of the EU Office to Taiwan, starting in March 2023, subject to budget availability:
- Traineeship in the Political, Press and Information Section (PPI):
- Contribute to research and reporting on political developments in Taiwan and the region;
- Draft papers and speeches on various policy issues;
- Attend seminars, press conferences and other events;
- Assist in the organisation of meetings and public diplomacy events hosted by the EU Office; and
- Support the daily work of the Political Press and Information Section.
- Traineeship in the Trade Section (TRADE):
- Interns in the trade section will work on aspects of EU-Taiwan trade relations in a large variety of economic sectors, ranging from agriculture to financial services, focusing on market access and/or regulatory issues.
- Prepare reports in areas covered by the section
- Assist in the organisation of meetings and events hosted at the Delegation and will be requested to draft minutes of meetings.
- Research on topics related to international economics and trade
- Prepare draft speeches
- Translate documents from Chinese into English language.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, applicants currently residing in [Taiwan] will only be considered
- Excellent background in politics, economics, trade and international relations, or a very strong proven capacity for one of those fields
- Specific knowledge of Taiwan’s economy and/or foreign policy
- Excellent English language skills are mandatory in order to be able to follow meetings and perform adequately.
- Very good command of Mandarin is required (minimum B2)
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-TAIWAN-TRAINEES@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Name/Acronym of the Section (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Taiwan, must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on traineeships possibilities.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country.