Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Office of the European Union Representative to West Bank & Gaza Strip, UNRWA
A traineeship of 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Office of the European Union Representative to West Bank & Gaza Strip, UNRWA (EUREP), starting in July 2023.
The Political, Press and Information Section of EUREP is tasked with following up on the political, economic and social situation on the ground, including with regard to international and humanitarian law and EU policies and priorities. In close coordination with headquarters and the EU Delegation in Tel Aviv, it maintains close working relations with relevant national authorities, political parties, Member States representatives, and other relevant organisations / institutions on issues related to Palestine and its conflict with Israel. It analyses and assesses relevant developments in order to develop, support, implement and advise on policy-making. Its communication and public diplomacy activities support the work of the EU and EUREP in engaging with the Palestinian public and disseminating messages on relevant EU policies and positions.
- Contribute to the political analysis by conducting research on political trends and developments, for use in reports and documents.
- Support the preparation and implementation of communication and public diplomacy activities.
- Attend conferences, seminars and meetings on behalf of the office and take minutes of them.
- Engage in, prepare and follow up on incoming visits, events and conferences under the responsibility of the Political, Press and Information Section.
- Contribute to administrative tasks as required.
- Any other tasks in the interest of the service.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Taking into account local border control and security conditions, only applicants who can access the premises in East Jerusalem on a daily basis will be considered;
- Have excellent command of English; knowledge of French and Arabic is an asset;
- University degree in Political Science, Law, International Relations, Economics or equivalent;
- Capacity to work in a multicultural team, good interpersonal skills;
- Very good communication skills – both oral and written;
- Knowledge of the domestic and regional political situation;
- Knowledge of the European Union and its main policies and positions and capacity to represent them.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press and Information Section
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travels, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
Citizens from EU Member states:
- must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation;
- must undertake to apply for a relevant entrance visa and / or temporary residence permit where applicable, based on the traineeship agreement, the duration of the traineeship, and in compliance with the local legislation.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the context of the COVID-19 in the host country as well as in the country of origin where applicable.