Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Office to Hong Kong and Macao - Political, Press and Information Section
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Office to Hong Kong and Macao, starting in November 2022.
The Political, Press and Information Section contributes to the work of the Office in pursuing the EU's policies in all areas, promoting and protecting the EU's interests and values as well as promoting the visibility of the European Union.
In addition to the monitoring, analysing, and reporting regularly to Headquarters on internal and regional political developments, foreign policy and/or other policy areas of relevance for EU interests, an important function of the Section is the carrying out of press, information and communication activities. The Section provides support to visitors from EU institutions as well as providing briefing dossiers, speeches, statements, press releases and articles, as requested.
- research and analysis of information;
- draft press digests and information bulletins, analytical reports on various policy developments in Hong Kong and Macao;
- update the Office's social media platforms;
- attend and participate in meetings, cultural and visibility events, seminars and conferences in Hong Kong and Macao;
- support the Section in the preparation of visits, missions and meetings as well as follow-up actions.
Requirements that would be an asset
- Command of Cantonese / Mandarin
- Degree in another field (e.g. Chinese Studies, Political Science, etc.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Degree in relevant field.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europa.eu/europass/en (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press and Information Section (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to Hong Kong and thus candidates currently residing in Hong Kong might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in Hong Kong as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach Hong Kong.