Vacancy for a Driver
The Delegation of the European Union to Indonesia & Brunei Darussalam and the Delegation of the European Union to ASEAN are looking for a Driver.
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
We offer a post of Driver. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the EU Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Driver – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the EU Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to the Administration Section under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Administration. The position of the employment will be in Group V with gross salary of minimum of IDR 6,563,935 up to maximum of IDR 12,475,379 (based on working experience). We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Good health condition necessary to be a driver
- You have at least a primary education
- Have the Indonesian driving licences A and C
- Very good knowledge of Jakarta roads and landmarks
- Be computer literate
- Very good command of English
- Previous experience of minimum 5 years as a driver under an employment contract out of 3 years in an international organisation or Embassy
- Have knowledge regarding the maintenance of the office cars (cleaning and technical checks)
- Be aware and respect the traffic regulation in Jakarta/Indonesia
- Be ready to work outside the normal working hours
- Service minded and ready to assist all the EU Delegation's staff
- Having knowledge on protocol matters issue is an advantage,
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team, under the supervision of the car manager and the Head of Section
The following will be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of the European Union functioning as well as a working experience in an Embassy or International Organisation, are valuable assets;
- Knowledge on protocol matters , are valuable assets.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to:
The package should include a cover letter, a detailed CV as attached. Application submitted without responding to the above-required criteria will not be consider and only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The EU Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone. Please address any queries concerning this procedure to:
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered the most suitable for the post based on a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase, which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the EU Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is:
Thursday, 31 March 2022 at 13:00 PM (Jakarta time)