VACANCY NOTICE: Recruitment of Local Coordinator for the National Erasmus+ Office (NEO) in Kosovo
The Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation (MESTI), the EU Delegation in Kosovo and the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) are launching a procedure to recruit a new local coordinator for the NEO in Kosovo.
Erasmus+ is the European Union’s programme to support education, training, youth and sport. The 2021-2027 programme places a strong focus on social inclusion, green and digital transitions, and promoting young people’s participation in democratic life. It supports priorities and activities set out in the European Education Area, Digital Education Action Plan and the European Skills Agenda.
Erasmus+ also aims at boosting cooperation with Partner countries all over the world.
The National Erasmus+ Offices (NEO) assist the European Commission, the EACEA, and the third country authorities concerned in the implementation of the Erasmus+ Programme. Their mandate covers supporting, promotion and dissemination activities related to the international dimension of Erasmus+ actions.
For additional information on Erasmus+, please consult: http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/index_en.htm.
The successful candidate will be assigned the post of Coordinator of the NEO in Kosovo. He/She will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of the following activities:
- Promotion, information and follow up of the Erasmus+ programme, including organisation of information campaigns, maintaining a website on upcoming calls for proposals, promotion material and activities, etc.
- Support and training to local potential applicants interested to apply to Erasmus+, including organisation of training sessions on how to prepare a competitive proposal, as well as on specific topics of the EU programmes covered.
- Dissemination and exploitation of Erasmus+ project results, including activities related to exploitation and mainstreaming of the project results, providing the European Commission and the EACEA with contributions to studies, statistics, reports, etc. related to education, training, youth and sport.
- Follow up of higher education issues and activities of the Erasmus+ Higher Education Reform Experts (HEREs), including draft briefing papers and notes, as well as reports on the implementation and progress of projects in which the higher education institutions in the country are involved.
- Administration of the NEO, including managing the technical and administrative staff, monitoring the NEO budget and follow up financial issues, drafting NEO implementation reports.
- Coordination, including cooperation and reporting to the EACEA, the EU Delegation and local and national authorities in the country and the European Commission, establishing effecting working relations with the other NEOs in the Erasmus+ Partner countries and the Erasmus+ National Agencies in the Programme countries.
Requirements for the post
Minimum eligibility criteria
- University Master degree;
- At least 5 years of project management experience, part of which in the framework of international projects;
- Very good language skills: oral and written fluency in English ( at least level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), and Albanian;
- Experience managing/coordinating a team.
- Ability to manage priorities;
- Good knowledge of the local environment in at least one of the following fields: higher education, vocational education and training, sport and youth sectors;
- Good analytical, communication, drafting and reporting skills;
- Strong motivation and commitment;
- Excellent computer literacy (word, excel, power point);
- Readiness to travel inside and, occasionally, outside the country.
- Good knowledge of the Erasmus+ programme and the EU funding rules and procedures;
- Working experience in national public administration in the field of education and training or in international organisations;
- Mobility experience in the framework of EU programmes;
- Intermediary-advanced knowledge of Serbian language.
Candidates must submit the below two documents in English:
- up- to-date detailed curriculum vitae (CV), in Europass CV format;
- letter of motivation (2 pages maximum).
Applications must be sent by e-mail to: EACEA-EPLUS-CBHE@ec.europa.eu. Please mention the following in your e-mail subject title: "Application – Coordinator NEO in Kosovo"
Deadline for applications: 24 December 2021, 17:00 h (Brussels time)
Non-compliance with the above requirements will lead to disqualification.
The selection of the candidates will be carried out by a Selection Committee composed by representatives of the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation, the EU Delegation in Kosovo and the EACEA.
The selection will be organised in the following steps:
- Admissibility and eligibility check of the applicants;
- The Selection Committee will analyse the motivation letter and CVs of eligible applicants on the basis of which it will invite to a written test and an interview a shortlist of applicants;
- The Selection Committee will hold written tests and interviews with the persons shortlisted in order to assess the candidate's competences, knowledge and motivation required for performing the duties. The interviews shall take place in English in first trimester of 2022.
The Selection Committee will then propose the name of the candidate to be confirmed.
In addition, a reserve list of candidates may be established.
Under no circumstances should candidates approach the Selection Committee members, either directly or indirectly concerning this recruitment. The authority authorised to conclude contracts reserves itself the right to disqualify any candidate who disregards these instructions.
A policy of equal opportunities will be applied during the selection process.
Conditions of employment
Indicative start date for employment
First quarter of 2022
3 years, with possibility for extension of 2 years
Maximum monthly gross salary: EUR 2.159, to be adjusted in accordance with seniority/previous experience of the candidate.
Full time position (100%). This position is not compatible with other employments.