EU Projects with Gabon
In the aftermath of the 2016 elections, Gabon faces significant political and socio-economic challenges, characterized by a desire for reforms in the field of public governance. Since November 2019, the resumption of political dialogue between the EU and Gabon bodes well for a climate of enhanced cooperation.
Cooperation with Gabon
The government of Gabon and the European Commission have determined the general guidelines for cooperation for the period 2014-2020, in accordance with the ACP-EC partnership agreement, signed in Cotonou on June 23, 2000, and revised and signed in Luxembourg on June 25 2005 and successively revised and signed in Ouagadougou on June 22, 2010.
In the political field, the EU aims to maintain close political relations through regular political dialogue with the Gabonese government; promote the values of democracy, good governance, the rule of law and human rights; support regional integration and the peace and security agenda. The EU supports measures to improve the legal framework and supports good governance initiatives to support the government in the provision of basic services to the population.
On the economic front, the EU supports the country to integrate trade into development policies in order to promote growth and jobs. The EU promotes Gabon's economic integration into regional and global markets, supports the improvement of the business environment and partnerships with the private sector and supports negotiations within the framework of Economic Partnership Agreements.
A Partnership Agreement exists in the field of fisheries, with particular importance for Gabon within the framework of the Gabon vert project (Gabon bleu component). A Fisheries Partnership Agreement was concluded between Gabon and the EU in 2007 for a tacitly renewable 6-year period.
In the field of technical and vocational education, the strengthening of education in the field of fisheries and fisheries management would benefit the application of the agreement, with employment opportunities for Gabonese stakeholders.
In the field of external aid, the overall objective of the EU is to promote sustainable and inclusive growth and development to reduce poverty in Gabon through support for the implementation of the "Emerging Gabon Strategic Plan".
Support for civil society - Funding for civil society is integrated into the focal sector. In addition, civil society benefits from funding through the thematic program "Non-state actors and local authorities" with which synergies will be sought, particularly in the context of support for women's cooperatives working in the agricultural sector in rural areas.
- COGESTÃO SUSTENTÁVEL DAS PESCAS NO SUL DA ILHA DE SÃO TOME, SÃO TOMÉ E PRÍNCIPE
- FORTALECIMENTO DA SOCIEDADE CIVIL E STAKEHOLDERS RELEVANTES PARA A PARTICIPAÇÃO NA CONSTRUÇÃO INSTITUCIONAL DAS POLITICAS DE CONSERVAÇÃO DA BIODIVERSIDADE E PARTILHA DE BENEFÍCIOS EM STP
- MIEUX INFORMER LES CITOYENS AU GABON
- PROGRAMME D'APPUI POUR LA PRÉSERVATION DE LA BIODIVERSITÉ ET LES ÉCOSYSTÈMES FRAGILES - ECOFAC 6
- APPUI À L'OBSERVATION ELECTORALE NATIONALE ET AU PLAIDOYER DÉMOCRATIQUE AU GABON
- PROGRAMME DE RENFORCEMENT DES INFRASTRUCTURES QUALITÉ DE L'AFRIQUE CENTRALE (PIQAC)
- PROGRAMME DE RESTRUCTURATION ET DE MISE À NIVEAU DE L'AFRIQUE CENTRALE (PRMN)
- APPUI AU CENTRE RÉGIONAL D'ASSISTANCE TECHNIQUE POUR L'AFRIQUE CENTRALE (AFRITAC)
- OUI, JE M'ENGAGE A PROTEGER NOS ENFANTS: POUR UNE PARTICIPATION CITOYENNE DANS LA POLITIQUE DE PROTECTION SOCIALE ET DE BONNE GOUVERNANCE AU GABON
- AGISSONS ENSEMBLE AVEC ESPOIR : pour la Protection sociale et les droits des enfants en situation social à risque, des victimes et des mineurs en conflit avec la loi
- INCIDENCIA DE LA SOCIETAD CIVIL EN SU FORTALECIMIENTO Y EN LA PROMOCION DE LOS DERECHOS HUMANOS EN GUINEA ECUATORIAL
- TODOS E TODAS PROTEGEMOS A MEIO AMBIENTE DE MÉ ZOCHI
- APOIO À ESTRATÉGIA NACIONAL DE LUTA CONTRA A VIOLÊNCIA BASEADA NO GÉNERO
- DESENVOLVIMENTO INCLUSIVO DE DISTRITO DE LEMBÁ DILEMBA
- MAIS VOZ, VIOLÊNCIA ZERO!
- SOCIEDADE CIVIL PELO DESENVOLVIMENTO: MAIS TRANSPARÊNCIA, MELHOR GOVERNAÇÃO
- DIREITOS DAS MULHERES: CONHECER, CAPACITAR, SENSIBILIZAR
- PROJET D'APPUI A LA FORMATION ET A L'INSERTION PROFESSIONELLES (AFIP)
- PROGRAMME D'APPUI À L'ACCÉLÉRATION DE LA RÉDUCTION DE LA MORTALITÉ MATERNELLE ET NÉONATALE
- PROTECCION DE LA INFANCIA