Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Bangladesh – Cooperation Section
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Cooperation Section of the EU Delegation to Bangladesh, starting in November 2022.
The Cooperation Section consists of the Head of Section, a programme officer in charge of development cooperation coordination, horizontal support and communication and three teams covering the following areas: Human Capital Development, Green Inclusive Development and Inclusive Governance. The trainee would have the opportunity to support the work of the programme officer in charge of cooperation coordination, horizontal support and communication and to cover as well a wide range of areas across the three teams where needed.
- Help in the overall internal and external coordination work;
- Support the implementation of communication and visibility activities;
- Provide horizontal support across the unit.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the current situation in Bangladesh, only applicants currently residing in Bangladesh will be considered;
- At least a BA degree in political science, social science, economics or international relations – MA degree will be considered as an asset
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (essential), command of another European language;
- A first experience in an Embassy or International Organisation.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address Delegation-Bangladesh-Applications@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - COOPERATIONI (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus only candidates currently residing in country of assignment will be considered.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin.