Call for proposals: Grants for support to civil society organisations for increasing access to justice for victims of discrimination in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Republic of Moldova and Ukraine
Under the framework of the European Union/Council of Europe joint programme Partnership for Good Governance, and its regional project “Strengthening access to justice through non-judicial redress mechanisms for victims of discrimination, hate speech and hate crimes in the Eastern Partnership countries”, the Council of Europe is launching a call for proposals with the aim to co-fund national and local projects in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Republic of Moldova and Ukraine aimed at supporting victims of discrimination, hate speech and hate crimes, particularly from vulnerable groups.
The deadline for the submission of application is 3 October 2021 (at 17:00 CET). Applications should be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Projects could address the following:
• Prevention of discrimination, such as awareness raising, human rights education, information to vulnerable communities about redress mechanisms and victims support
• Capacity building of national authorities, law enforcement, judiciary, civil society and other actors, at central or local levels to effectively allow them to combat discrimination and provide adequate victim support and access to justice
• Actions for supporting vulnerable communities when they are victims of discrimination, by empowering them to ask for redress to discrimination
• Promotion and the protection of the rights of vulnerable communities at the local level, for example through awareness raising actions or services for communities, such as ethnic minorities, Roma, LGBT, the disabled, etc.,
• Strengthening victim support services and information at the local level
• Combating hate speech and hate motivated violence or the stigmatisation of certain groups
• Tackling multiples forms of discrimination affecting certain groups, for example Roma women, or LGBT people from ethnic minorities, etc.
• Legal and psychological advice for victims of discrimination, hate speech and hate crimes.
The maximum budget that can be awarded per project within this call is 19 000 euro.
Please find all the information about the call and the related documents here.