Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Kenya
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Kenya?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Kenya, starting in July 2022.
- Actively contribute to the work of the Political, Press and Information Section at the EU Delegation to Kenya.
- Under the guidance of the political adviser, follow Kenyan political trends and contribute to political reporting and analysis.
- Contribute to the Delegation’s engagement with the Kenyan media
- Under the guidance of the Delegation Press and Information Officer, regularly update the Delegation website and social media accounts.
- Support the Political, Press and Information Section in the design and layout of information material.
- Fulfilling other duties, as required.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Hold a university degree, and have a proven interest in the field of international relations, political sciences or journalism/media, OR
- Be at least in the second year of university studies in a field related to international relations, political sciences or journalism/media;
- Have proven social media skills;
- Be a team player and good communicator;
- Be hard working and see the internship as an opportunity for personal development;
- Familiarity with the way the EU works and general knowledge of Europe is a major advantage;
- Knowledge of a second European language besides English is an advantage.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press and Information (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.